Friday, April 11, 2008

After the Storm

Woke a little late on Thursday to a spring blizzard here in Denver. There was almost a foot of snow on the ground, more coming down, and a good wind too. I decided to spend a few more minutes with the family. It was still coming down at lunch, though a little lighter. My little California brood wasn't accustomed to the wet and snow and I ended up carrying some of my open shoed kids through the slush filled parking lots.

On Friday, I was out the door at 5:15am to get in another swim of about 4,000 yards. Coach Paul had to leave after less than 3,000 yards, so me and another masters swimmer of the similar speed, Joe, threw in another 1,200 yards at the end keeping a 1:15 per 100 pace. Plans this afternoon to visit Colorado Springs, the USAT, and Olympic training center among other things.

No comments: