Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Chicago Running - Channel Heros

Another tough morning with the 5am alarm...I decided to give the shoulder a little rest and I ran to the pool and back (6 miles). I carried 5 lb hand weights for the first and last 3/4 of a mile doing butterfly motions to work the shoulders. I probably looked pretty dorky running along Lake-Cook Road and the suburbs of Deerfield, but hey...it's not how you look, but how you feel...and I felt hot and sweaty. :)

On the swimming front: I read Emily Evan's (rosewaterswim.blogspot.com) account of her successful Catalina swim last week and her advice-it has me stoked. The help from successful open water swimmers here in the county like Jim Fitzpatrick, Greg Farrier, and Ahelee Osborn is also great. I am looking forward to swimming with them on Saturday.

...but the biggest news- my training buddy for the past 8 months, Dave Galli (swimthechannel.com), is doing his Catalina swim tomorrow night. I am so excited for him. Work permitting, I am going to see if I can't grab an earlier flight and either be there with him for the swim or see him arrive in Palos Verdes.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Chris, I wish so much I could be a little leach hooked to your cap and be with you while you work out. I can't comprehend all the workouts! Or maybe a firefly on your Catalina swim. sure do love you! m

Ahelee said...

Hope you can make it Chris - but we'll watch out for him as you would... well no one could do as good a job as you. LOTS OF GOOD THOUGHTS and excitement!

Check out the NOVA gallery - OW racing & training!

:)

Ahelee