Sunday, September 20, 2009

Thursday through Saturday

Wednesday night did a fast mile swim followed by 14 mile bike at Sand Hollow.

Thursday did a nice 3 mile jog

Friday morning was another 1 mile swim in Sand Hollow Reservoir followed by 3 mile jog and sit-ups, push-ups, and pull-ups.

 


Saturday morning, after one of the worst night's sleep of my life, I woke early from a campout with my son in the mountains about St. George to do a series of open water swim races at Sand Hollow Reservoir. Did the Kau Wela 1 mile race in a wet suit. In the warm water, the constriction of the suit caused me to have "can't catch my breath" claustrophobia reaction. (Most triathletes know what I'm talking about.) After a fast start, I heated up too fast and couldn't slow my breathing or heart rate. I lost the lead and couldn't recover my stroke/stamina until the last 1/5 of the mile. The winner smoked everyone, but I did catch up to a group of 3 swimmers all vying for the silver medal at the finish and beat out one of them for 4th place. I did the 1/2 mile without a wetsuit knowing that I'd be slower, but I'd feel more comfortable. I finished 3rd. I then did the 400m race without a wetsuit as well and took 2nd.

    No comments: