Monday, September 22, 2008

Catalina Swim Pictures Posted

Between 4 cameras with 3 different time zone stamps, it was a little tough putting all the pictures in sequential order. It's getting close. Here's the link:

http://catalinaswim.myphotoalbum.com/

With time being in short supply as I prepare to leave the country, my complete write-up will probably have to wait until my upcoming plane trip to Abu Dhabi. Ahelee's comment on the swim though summed it up pretty well, though she has me blushing a little bit.

5 comments:

Jan said...

Chris, yes it is true, you made the swim of your life on your grandpa Fowler's birthday! I think you gave him one incredible birthday present. But then, he gave you the swimming genes. What a gift!
What a tremendous weekend.
Thank you for making us so proud!

Jordon said...

Chris,

I couldn't help but look at the pics and read the commentary. Wow. What you did goes beyond training--your will power and determination are amazing. You also give me some hope that I can do things like this (but not exactly this!!) again some day after the kiddos get a bit bigger. Thanks for being an inspiration and good luck with your next adventure abroad.

Sara (Roberts)

KC said...

Chris-

You were really puffy after your swim! :)

Wow. I can't believe that. I'm sure I still don't really understand the magnitude of what you just accomplished (even though I was exhausted just looking at all the pictures) :) I can't even begin to imagine swimming a marathon. Amazing. Way to go. Awesome.
-KC

Steven Munatones said...

Congratulations on visually documenting your swim. I referred to your site at www.10Kswimmer.com so other future Catalina Channel swimmers can appreciate what goes into a successful crossing.

The Philips said...

Congrats Chris on making this happen. What was all the white stuff they put on your neck and underarms?