Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Murky Water + Kelp + Paranoia = Higher Heart Rate

Did a 2 mile swim in the ocean at Corona Del Mar at 9am.

The sun was shining- it felt like almost 70. Though the water was still cold (54 degrees?) the visibility was about 5-8 feet and more gray than yellow.

Started a little sluggish, but got my rhythm after 1/4 mile. I got that "not alone" feeling out past the outer most buoy and then ran headlong into 2 huge kelp plants. I almost jumped out of the water and onto poor Dave. Good (bad?) for the heart!

Though we were in the water for only 50 minutes, Dave and I were feeling the "funny" effects of the prolonged exposure- I felt like I could hold my breath forever and Dave was feeling really warm. I got out and felt warm almost immediately- you gotta love California.

No comments: