Friday, December 28, 2007

Holiday Swims

I've been taking it pretty easy during the Christmas break. On Christmas eve, we did a ladder swim of sorts. 1 lap, 2 laps, 3 laps, 4 laps, ... to 11 laps in the 50m pool. With the warm-ups it was a nice 3600 meters. (about 3900 yards). No workout on Christmas- though I got a lot of nice workout gear thanks to my mom and wife. Christmas eve brought intense Santa Ana winds that brought all the ash from the Santiago fire through Aliso Viejo. It left the pool out of commission for Wednesday. Friday was a nice 7 sets of 5 x 100 meters. With the warm-up, it was another nice 3600m workout.

Looking forward to a 5000m workout tomorrow. On Tuesday, Novaquatics will be doing a New Years Day Polar Bear Swim- a lap around the buoys at Laguna Main Beach. Looking forward to it! My swim a couple of weeks ago at Corona Del Mar with Dave Galli was a couple of miles in 57 degrees and it was invigorating. I have put on a couple of pounds eating lots of avacados, brie, beef tenderloin, and fudge. Honestly, I feel crappy. I think I'll be fine with the weight I have for the cold water and with the half ironman coming up in 3 months, I really don't want to be carrying an extra 10 pounds for 70.3 miles.

No comments: