Thursday, February 28, 2008

Half Half-Marathon


I slept through my alarms for swim workouts on Wednesday and Thursday mornings. I think my body was telling me it needed more sleep and recuperation time from the food poisoning. Tonight I needed a workout! With the Canyonlands Half Marathon 10 days from now, and very few runs in my schedule this year, I decided I'd better get in a decent jog. I ran in the hotel workout room for an hour and covered just under 7 miles. I obviously have missed any hope of serious training and taper for the race, but my sister Kellie and I have a modest sub-2 hour goal for the race. The real fun will be getting our families together in Moab for a long weekend.

2 comments:

brooklyn said...

What? How come no one invited me? that sounds so FUN!

Vigoren Family said...

I will be elated if I get my sub-two hour time. Yes, that has been the time last two races, but the bitter winter weather and distaste for treadmills really hurt my training. My goal has changed to "have fun." We'll see what happens! Can't wait to see you!