Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fall is here

Did a nice 3-5 mile run nearly every day this week- admittedly a little later than normal as pre-dawn temperatures here dipped into the 40s. I mixed it up with the regular core strength exercises of push-ups, pull-ups and sit-ups.  Gotta admit, I've missed Orange County weather this past week.  I'll be back there next week.


On Saturday, spent the morning doing a 60 mile bike ride from Bloomington to Veyo and back with the Southern Utah Triathlon Club. They made me push myself a little harder than normal and also realize I've got to do some intense hill work to get ready for the Ironman in May.


Good news this week: Lynn Kubasek, a fantastic kayaker for my Catalina swim, bagged her own solo swim across the channel on Wednesday. Congrats, Lynn! I received my Abu Dhabi Tri Club jersey. Thanks Chris! I also enjoyed watching the Kona Ironman Championships- inspiring.


Sad news: I hadn't posted it before, but the Abu Dhabi jersey reminded of the great folks I worked out with there in the Middle East. Coach Mark Pringle, a fantastic coach full of spunk and positive energy, finally died of the injuries he sustained in a hit and run accident there in the capital. Unfortunately, Abu Dhabi is a less desirable place to be with him no longer there. LINK

1 comment:

Lynn K said...

I am looking forward to you posting your account of your swim! I REMEMBER you exclaiming that ad been HIT and HIT HARD! It was so dark and choppy I did not see anything out there and I was glad "it" went away! :)